What is color doppler ultrasound reflected by high frequency sound waves hitting blood cells in the blood vessels and reflecting back is the answer to the question. Color doppler ultrasound, which can be preferred for the follow-up of some diseases other than pregnancy without radiation, helps to obtain reliable results regarding the flow direction and velocity of the blood in the veins. It is performed for the examination of the umbilical vessels located in the umbilical cord of the baby. In addition, the heart, uterus and brain vessels can be examined with color doppler ultrasound. It has no known side effects and is not a desired ultrasound method in every stage of pregnancy. Since the application takes place through the blood flow direction and veins, it is not performed in the early stages of pregnancy, where the veins have not yet reached the desired clarity.
How To Do Color Doppler Ultrasound?
There is no special preparation process for Doppler ultrasound shooting. The patient lies on the examination table, the shooting begins with the help of a gel and probe crawled by the doctor. Meanwhile, red and blue colors appear on the screen. The colors show the velocity and flow direction of the blood in the vessels. Therefore , it is possible to give an important tool response in the diagnostic phase especially for the answer to the question of what is color doppler ultrasound .
Uses of Color Doppler Ultrasound
- Color doppler ultrasound, which is preferred for the detection of vein and artery diseases in many parts of our body;
- Detection of fetus development and anomaly during pregnancy,
- Examination of extremity veins (arm and leg veins),
- Examination of kidney vessels,
- Examination of the carotid and vertebral arteries known as neck vessels
- Detection of tumors or masses, erectile dysfunction disorders (penile doppler extraction) occurring in the genital organs,
- It is used in many areas such as examination of vessels in liver disorders.
Why is Color Doppler Ultrasound Made?
The main reason for performing color doppler examination during pregnancy is to provide early detection of fetal development and a possible anomaly condition. The main reasons for color doppler ultrasound preference are;
- Detection of intrauterine growth retardation (UIGR),
- Evaluation of blood pressure related conditions such as Preeclampsia, Eclampsia and Hellp during pregnancy,
- Possible anomaly or suspected disease in the fetus,
- Examining the situation of babies not developing equally in families expecting more than one baby,
- Heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias),
- A possible cardiovascular disease in the mother,
- Faced with a developmental delay in the fetus in the previous pregnancy,
- Faced with a condition such as preeclampsia, eclampsia or hellp in the previous pregnancy.
Color Doppler is Performed in the Week?
Ultrasound is also a very important examination in families who are looking for the answer to the question of what is color doppler ultrasound in many families waiting for a baby and who want to get clear images of their baby. For this reason, color doppler shooting is performed after sufficient improvement in the vessels is observed at the request of the physician. Especially in 11-13 and 18-21 weeks, suitable ground for color doppler shooting develops. Usually, the face of the baby is waiting on the 4-dimensional doppler ultrasound.